- 60分 x 10回
- This is general conversation course
- Mid to high level of english required. Will work with some one with a basic knoweldge of english language but a dent-jisho or equivelent is expected at every lesson. It is also beneficial to bring a notebook with you allowing you to write key phrases that you might learn.
- Students and I will discuss what they are looking for in the course before any conversation will begin. It is important to determine what goals the student has in the immediate and long term future. Depending on where the student is at the first part of the conversation will focus on English Phonetics allowing the student to closely mimick the english dialect as much as possible and to understand how the words are pronounced. Once the conversation starts we will find a topic to talk about and while the student is working out the sentence structure I will guide the student allowing them to alter the thought process in real time. For the past two years I have done this with Japanese college students and find it works best. The language dictionary will allow the student to work out the conversion of the sentence finding the english words that they would like to use.
- 60分 x 10回
- TOEFL Study Session
- It is required that the student already have a good grasp on the english language. Also required is TOEFL Study Guide and Denshi-Jisho. Most students that I have worked with have already taken the TOEFL test multiple times and were trying to raise their score.
- This course will focus on helping the student formulate their responses, and accelerate their ability to recognize what is being asked. It will also allow students to take in the insane amount of information that the reading sections provide and determine what is important to answering the questions. I will warn you, this course will be intense, I will be asking students to a read large amount out loud. Doing this will help in recognition of sentence structure and how to register information (this is how it is done in America). I will also focus on the 3 minute question and answering, teaching the student how to break down Pros and Cons in English and create a concrete response.